As scientists, we are challenged to identify the adverse effects of a broad range of substances to protect people and the environment. It is critical that the standards and model organisms used in toxicological testing are reliable and authenticated.
ATCC provides the credible models that toxicologists need to perform standardized, reliable, and reproducible toxicology studies. Our cells, media, and reagents allow you to investigate renal, neural, airway, and skin toxicity for such applications as high-content screening, 3-D culture, spheroid culture, permeability assays, metabolic stability and survival studies, transport activity measurement, and more. Our toxicological tools can be used to identify responses to environmental insults or to screen pharmaceutical compounds.
Where are you in your research?
Modeling, Screening, Characterizing
Get started on the path to success in the preclinical arena with ATCC's complete solution of continuous cell lines, growth reagents, and cell viability assays.Get started
Pharmacology, Exploratory, Toxicology
ATCC provides advanced cell models for toxicity testing, such as differentiated iPSCs and primary and hTERT-immortalized primary cells.Explore our resources
Preclinical Toxicology PK Metabolism
Explore our resources to discover how neurological and renal cell models can support your metabolic stability, metabolite identification, and drug-drug interaction assays.Browse preclinical resources
Discover how credible models yield incredible results
ATCC provides the cells, media, and reagents needed to explore each step of the in vitro preclinical testing process—from modeling, screening, and characterization to exploratory toxicology, pharmacokinetics, and metabolism. We provide renal, neural, airway, and skin cells for such applications as high-content screening, 3-D culture, spheroid culture, permeability assays, metabolic stability and survival studies, transport activity measurement, and more.
- Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Elimination (ADME) Assays – Testing for absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination is crucial to moving your product to market. Get closer results to those observed in vivo and rule out possible toxicities faster using our entire ADME portfolio, featuring our hTERT-immortalized kidney transporter models that overexpress OAT1, OCT2, or OAT3. ATCC is here to support your preclinical research with our renal and hepatic models to be used in metabolic stability, metabolite identification, and drug-drug interaction assays.
- Cytotoxicity – Find potential viability issues early with ATCC’s wide array of biological solutions such as rodent and human cell lines, primary cells, and stem cells. We also offer the MTT Cell Proliferation Kit and XTT Cell Proliferation Kit to measure cell viability and growth.
- Genotoxicity – In vitro genotoxicity testing is made easy with ATCC materials. We offer the cells and bacteria you need for OECD-validated assays such as the bacterial reverse mutation test (Ames test), the in vitro mammalian chromosomal aberration test, and the in vitro mammalian cell micronucleus test.
- Immunotoxicity – Immunotoxicity testing is a vital step to ensure the safety of a product, especially for medical devices. New in vitro methods can help identify immunosupressants and immunostimulants as well as hypersensitivity and autoimmunity before you spend valuable time and resources on in vivo methods. ATCC offers high-quality immune cells that can be used for immunotoxicity tests.
- Neurotoxicity – Cells of the nervous system are well-specialized and rarely undergo mitosis once differentiated. ATCC offers many cell lines derived from neural tissues and neural progenitor cells that can be easily differentiated into those needed for neurotoxicity studied. Work with differentiating or terminally differentiated neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes sooner—yield experimental results faster.
- Respiratory Toxicity – ATCC offers primary airway epithelial cells, smooth muscle cells (SMCs), and fibroblasts, as well as growth media and supplements for in vitro models to boost the scientific relevance of upper respiratory studies. Our materials make it simple to test for tissue variability, cytotoxicity, and more.
- Skin Corrosion, Sensitization, and Irritation Testing – ATCC offers a wide selection of cell lines, primary cells, and hTERT-immortalized cells for modeling of the skin. In addition, we supply media and supplements that support cell culture conditions in the presence or absence of serum. These products can be utilized to create 3-D skin models or used in basic assays that comply with OECD standards.
Check out our featured products
Neural Progenitor Cells
These XCL-1 GFAFp cells are used for neuronal differentiation and drug screening.Learn More
Epidermal Keratinocytes Adult
Use these cells in toxicology screening, cosmetic research, wound repair studies, and response to UV radiation.Get the Cells
Renal Proximal Solute Transporter
RPTEC/TERT1 cells stably expressing SLC transporter hOCT2 for kidney drug toxicity screening and research.
The cells are useful for studies of liver cell metabolism and xenobiotic formation for in vitro toxicology studies.Learn More
Renal Solute Transporter Cells
RPTEC/TERT1 OAT3 cells can be used for kidney drug toxicity screening and research.Buy Now
Renal Solute Transporter Cells
RPTEC/TERT1 OAT1 cells can be used for kidney drug toxicity screening and research.Get the Cells