With unmatched skills and resources in the maintenance and distribution of the world's most precious cultures, ATCC has the facilities and expertise needed to create homogenous cell banks under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). We will work with you throughout each stage of the cell banking process—from initial development to master/working cell bank production.
Accessioning your materials is a critical step in any cell bank development. The cell bank can only be as good as the cells from which it was developed, especially for primary cell and stem cell storage banks. ATCC has a robust process, protocols, and a team of scientists in place for accessioning the right type of materials.
Your cell banking starting materials can come from the following sources:
- You – starting material provided by the client
- ATCC – the starting material accessed from our vast collection of authenticated cells
- Outside vendors – the material procured from outside vendors by you or by ATCC
Cell Bank Production
- Flexible cGMP manufacture – we will work with you to create genetically homogenous cell banks that meet your specifications
- Comprehensive quality control analysis – ATCC experts will ensure the authenticity and integrity of your precious cultures
- Scalable production – from several vials up to thousands of vials to meet your assay needs
- Storage and global distribution – our cGMP biorepository experts can characterize, package, store, and distribute your biological materials to ensure the security and integrity of your cell banks
Explore our cell banking services
Master Cell Bank Manufacturing
Master Cell Bank (MCB) development under cGMP is a critical process in biological materials production. The quality of your final product is dependent on the quality of the cells used for its manufacturing, so great care should be taken while developing master cell banks, including stem cell storage banks.Learn more
Working Cell Bank Manufacturing
Working cell banks (WCBs) are prepared from master cell banks (MCBs) under defined cell culture conditions. Quality control tests via DNA profiling techniques are performed under cGMP to confirm that the MCB and the WCB are genetically identical and to ensure the WCB is free of contaminants.Get details
Cell authentication is essential. Skipping the authentication step can lead to lost time, money, and publications owing to cross-contamination and misidentification. ATCC can quickly confirm the identity of almost any cell line by using analytical techniques such as sterility testing, CO1, STR profiling for human or mouse cells, and mycoplasma testing so you have confidence in your research materials.Learn more
Cell Bank Production Services Request
Fill out the form below for more information on our cell bank production services or to let us know that you are ready to start your project.