Your research depends on reliable biomaterials that you can trust. That means ensuring that the quality and authenticity of your material remains consistent throughout each stage of your project. As part of our commitment to promoting reproducibility in the life sciences, ATCC provides researchers with cGMP biorepository services that enable the secure and reliable storage and management of your precious biological materials.
With nearly a century of experience in biomaterials services and management, we have the expertise needed to authenticate, store, maintain, and globally distribute biological samples. By entrusting us with your samples, you can rest assured that your materials are securely managed through a temperature-controlled supply chain, 24/7 equipment monitoring, and on-call after-hours personnel. We’ll take care of the logistics and resources, so you can focus on what’s important—your research.
3 things to consider about biomaterials storage services
- Best use of your limited resources: Your budget for drug development is limited. Would you rather spend your budget on securing your cells or on infrastructure and people to develop more drugs?
- Permitting and logistics: Clinical trials are often performed in another country. Would you rather ship the materials yourself or outsource the process to a trusted partner?
- Cell authentication: Your materials may have been stored for a long period, transported often, and used in multiple experiments. Would you rather risk research results on potentially contaminated cells or rely on ATCC to authenticate your cells so you can be confident in your materials and research results.
Learn why many pharmaceutical companies outsource their operations to established world-class biorepositories for R&D projects. Read Storing Biological Materials for Pharmaceutical R&D.
Rely on ATCC to store and manage your precious biological materials
Biorepository services tailored to your needs
- Extensive support to customers needing cGMP and non-cGMP Master Cell Banks (MCB) and Working Cell Banks (WCB)
- Long-term biological sample storage of small- or large-scale biomaterials or specimens
- Flexible storage choices: sample, box, shelf, unit, or rack
- Managing over 23 million samples
- Inventory management system to assure biomaterials are properly accounted for at all times
With more than 3,800 primary, immortalized and continuous cell lines as well as 85,000 microbial strains, we have the knowledge, experience and meticulous methodologies to support your custom biological needs. Whether you are looking for the large-scale manufacture of cell lines (master and working cell banks) or a different specification / format than offered in our catalog, our laboratories are able to provide you with customized options grounded in decades of industry knowledge, making us your preferred strategic partner. Our team works with you through all stages of your custom project process, from the initial inquiry, design and initiation of your project, to the production, characterization, packaging, storage and distribution of your biological materials. Project managers work directly with our subject matter experts to design, execute, and monitor your project. This allows you to focus on your core competencies while we focus on what we do best, producing, managing and delivering the highest quality biological materials, globally.
Cell Bank Production
ATCC has been the authority on cell and microbial banking for over 90 years. The expertise of our dedicated staff includes every stage of the deposit, accession, and banking process. Our laboratory and storage facilities are first in class for the large-capacity storage of cell lines, microorganisms, and other biological materials. Accordingly, we can support any cell banking need. We will work with you at all stages of the cell bank development process from the initiation of your project to the large scale production of your cells and microbes.Learn about our cell banking services
Watch our webinar to learn about ATCC biorepository services
Biorepository information downloads
Your preclinical and bioindustrial research depends on reliable biomaterials that you can trust. As part of our commitment to promoting reproducibility in the life sciences, ATCC provides researchers with cGMP-compliant and non-cGMP-compliant biorepository services that enable the secure and reliable storage and management of your precious biological materials.More
Biorepository Services Inquiry
ATCC offers a wide range of biorepository service options for any biotech, clinical, pharmaceutical or academic laboratory. We offer private repository services of biological material owned and stored on behalf of customers. Learn more about the deposit services we offer for at ATCC: