Prostate Epithelial Cell Basal Medium is a sterile, phenol red-free, liquid tissue culture medium intended for use as one component in a complete ATCC® Primary Cell Solutions™ system. This serum-free system is designed to support prostate epithelial cells derived from normal human prostate. Prostate Epithelial Cell Basal Medium contains essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, other organic compounds, trace minerals and inorganic salts. To support the proliferation and plating efficiency of various types of prostate epithelial cells, Prostate Cell Basal Medium must be supplemented with the appropriate cell-specific growth kit. When using this complete media system, the growth of prostate epithelial cells is supported without the use of feeder layers, extracellular matrix proteins or other substrates.
- For prostate epithelial cells derived from prostate tissue (e.g., Primary Prostate Epithelial Cells, Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-440-010), supplement Prostate Epithelial Cell Basal Medium with the Prostate Epithelial Cell Growth Kit (ATCC PCS-440-040).
- Optional media supplements:
- Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-025)
- Penicillin-Streptomycin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-002)
- Phenol Red (ATCC PCS-999-001)
2 to 8°C; protect from light