Quality Control Specifications
- Store at -20°C or colder. -80°C or vapor-phase liquid nitrogen (-196°C) is preferred for long-term storage (more than one month).
- Integrity is inferred from observation of high molecular weight cellular DNA following electrophoresis 20 µL of product on a 0.8% agarose gel, visualized by ethidium bromide staining.
- Functional activity is demonstrated by PCR amplification of a 500-3,000 bp amplicon using virus-specific primers.
- Identity is confirmed by sequencing of ~300 base pairs of the PCR amplicon.
- Absence of infectious virus is verified by incubation of 10% of each lot with susceptible host cells under appropriate conditions for a period of 7-14 days.