Complete Growth Medium
The base medium for this cell line is ATCC-formulated Iscove's Modified Dulbecco's Medium, Catalog No. 30-2005. To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: fetal bovine serum to a final concentration of 10%.
Subcultivation Ratio: A subcultivation ratio of 1:3 to 1:4 is recommended
Medium Renewal: Every 2 to 3 days
Volumes used in this protocol are for 75 sq cm flasks; proportionally reduce or increase amount of dissociation medium for culture vessels of other sizes.
- Remove and discard culture medium.
- Briefly rinse the cell layer with Ca++/Mg++ free Dulbecco's phosphate-buffered saline (D-PBS) or 0.25% (w/v) Trypsin - 0.53 mM EDTA solution to remove all traces of serum which contains trypsin inhibitor.
- Add 2.0 to 3.0 ml of Trypsin-EDTA solution to flask and observe cells under an inverted microscope until cell layer is dispersed (usually within 5 to 15 minutes).
Note: To avoid clumping do not agitate the cells by hitting or shaking the flask while waiting for the cells to detach. Cells that are difficult to detach may be placed at 37C to facilitate dispersal.
- Add 2.0 to 3.0 ml of complete growth medium and aspirate cells by gently pipetting
- Resuspend the cell pellet in fresh growth medium. Add appropriate aliquots of the cell suspension to new culture vessels.
- Incubate cultures at 37C.
Culture medium, 95%; DMSO, 5%