Complete Growth Medium
HITES medium supplemented with 5% fetal bovine serum
The base medium for this cell line is ATCC-formulated DMEM:F12 Medium Catalog No.30-2006. To make the complete growth medium,add the following components to the base medium
- 0.005 mg/ml Insulin
- 0.01 mg/ml Transferrin
- 30nM Sodium selenite (final conc.)
- 10 nM Hydrocortisone (final conc.)
- 10 nM beta-estradiol (final conc.)
- extra 2mM L-glutamine (for final conc. of 4.5 mM)
- 5% fetal bovine serum (final conc.)
Subcultivation Ratio: A subcultivation ratio of 1:3 to 1:6 is recommended
Medium Renewal: Twice per week
Remove medium, and rinse with 0.25% trypsin, 0.03% EDTA solution. Remove the solution and add an additional 1 to 2 ml of trypsin-EDTA solution. Allow the flask to sit at room temperature (or at 37C) until the cells detach.
Add fresh culture medium, aspirate and dispense into new culture flasks.
Culture medium with an additional 5% fetal bovine serum, 95%; DMSO, 5%