Cell Authentication Testing Service
STR profiling aids in the detection of misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results.
View Service Option
ATCC offers complete cell line authentication service utilizing Short Tandem Repeat (STR) profiling. STR profiling aids in the detection of misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results. STR profiling is a rapid, reproducible, and standardized PCR-based method for the authentication of human cell lines. ATCC’s STR report meets requirements for funding, publication, and quality control.
- ATCC trained experts amplify 17 STR loci plus Amelogenin using Promega’s PowerPlex® 18D System.
- A comprehensive analysis interprets both karyotypically normal and abnormal cell lines.
- A no-fuss sample mailer packet is provided with which cells are spotted onto paper and mailed to ATCC using the pre-addressed envelope.
3 Easy Steps
- Place an order by selecting one of the service options below
- Receive the sample mailer packet in the mail
- Spot cells onto paper and mail them back to ATCC
Results are emailed within 5 business days after ATCC receives the sample packet.
- An easy-to-understand STR allele table, see the Sample Profile
- Electropherograms supporting the allele calls at each locus
- Known reference profiling against the ATCC STR database
- Comprehensive interpretation of your results
Cell Authentication Services
||FTA Sample Collection Kit for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 5% — Order a Set of 5 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 10% — Order a Set of 10 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 20% — Order a Set of 20 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service