Complete Growth Medium
Preparing Gelatin-Coated Tissue Culture Flasks
For optimal cell attachment, cell culture flasks should be prepared before thawing the cells.
- Decontaminate the external surface of the 0.1% Gelatin Solution bottle by spraying with 70% ethanol.
- Using aseptic technique and working in a laminar flow hood or biosafety cabinet, add 1.0 mL of 0.1% Gelatin Solution per 10 cm2 of culture surface area (e.g., 2.5 mL if using a T-25 flask).
- Rock culture flask to coat surface; place in a 37°C incubator (with or without 5% CO2) for at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight.
- Aspirate the excess gelatin solution from the culture flasks using sterile technique.
- Add 5.0 mL of complete growth medium per 25 cm2 of culture surface area (e.g., 5.0 mL if using a T-25 flask).
- Place the gelatin-coated flasks in a 37°C, 5% CO2 incubator for at least one hour to equilibrate before inoculating with the cell suspension.