Complete Growth Medium
HITES medium supplemented with 5% fetal bovine serum
The base medium for this cell line is ATCC-formulated DMEM:F12 Medium Catalog No.30-2006. To make the complete growth medium,add the following components to the base medium
- 0.005 mg/ml Insulin
- 0.01 mg/ml Transferrin
- 30nM Sodium selenite (final conc.)
- 10 nM Hydrocortisone (final conc.)
- 10 nM beta-estradiol (final conc.)
- extra 2mM L-glutamine (for final conc. of 4.5 mM)
- 5% fetal bovine serum (final conc.)
Medium Renewal: Add fresh medium every 2 to 3 days (depending on cell density)
Cultures can be maintained by the addition of fresh medium or replacement of medium. Alternatively, cultures can be established by centrifugation with subsequent resuspension at 2 to 3 X 10 exp5 viable cells/ml.
Maintain cultures at cell concentrations between 2 X 10 exp5 and 5 X 10 exp5 viable cells/ml.
Adherent cells may be harvested by scraping.
Culture medium, 95%; DMSO, 5%