Complete Growth Medium
HITES medium supplemented with 5% fetal bovine serum
The base medium for this cell line is ATCC-formulated DMEM:F12 Medium Catalog No.30-2006. To make the complete growth medium,add the following components to the base medium
- 0.005 mg/ml Insulin
- 0.01 mg/ml Transferrin
- 30nM Sodium selenite (final conc.)
- 10 nM Hydrocortisone (final conc.)
- 10 nM beta-estradiol (final conc.)
- extra 2mM L-glutamine (for final conc. of 4.5 mM)
- 5% fetal bovine serum (final conc.)
Cultures can be maintained by the addition of fresh medium
or replacement of medium. Alternatively, cultures can be established by centrifugation with subsequent resuspension in fresh medium. Cultures grow as floating aggregates of large clusters of cells. Some cells may attach.
Add medium as cell density increases.
Culture medium, 95%; DMSO, 5%