Safe Deposit Services
Update! ATCC is not accepting new standard safe deposits or new cGMP safe deposits at this time.
Standard Safe Deposits and cGMP Safe Deposits
ATCC is not accepting new standard safe deposits or new cGMP safe deposits at this time. Corporations, government laboratories, and academic institutions who have entrusted their materials with ATCC can be assured that they will continue to be provided with the same secure and confidential storage of their valuable materials. Please continue to contact ATCC Safe Depository at email@example.com or call 800-638-6597.
Note: ATCC will continue to accept deposits of microorganisms, cell lines, seeds, and other materials in support of patent applications. See our patent depository for more information.
Both the cGMP safe deposit and the standard safe deposit services offer secure, confidential storage of valuable materials.
- Our facility is specially designed for large-capacity storage of cell lines, microorganisms, and other biological materials.
- ATCC has a long history of safe, trouble-free operation in storing biological materials.
- All materials are stored in liquid nitrogen tanks equipped with monitoring systems and 24-hour surveillance to safeguard stored material.
- All rights to cultures remain with the depositor.
- All information concerning deposited material is retained in confidence.
- Culture material is available only to the depositor or an individual designated in writing by the depositor.
Optional Special Services
- One vial of each culture can be returned to the depositor for analysis after a one-week storage period to ensure viability of material received.
- Standard safe deposit material can be distributed to the depositor or designated individual(s).
Enhanced features for cGMP safe deposits
- Dedicated and validated liquid nitrogen tank with access restricted to cGMP-trained staff with QA oversight.
- Tracking labels for your shipment to ensure segregation of cGMP materials immediately upon receipt at ATCC.
- Separate storage boxes for each cell bank or multiple banks in one box (depositor's option). Only one customer per storage box.
- Direct QA supervision of all tank entry and retrieval activities.
- Dedicated and trained staff.