4 to 8°C, protect from light
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Basal Medium is a sterile, phenol red-free, liquid tissue culture medium intended for use as one component in a complete ATCC® Primary Cell Solutions™ system. This low serum (2% FBS) system is designed to support mesenchymal stem cells derived from various normal human tissues including lipoaspirates and umbilical cord. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Basal Medium contains essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, other organic compounds, trace minerals and inorganic salts. To support the proliferation and plating efficiency of various types of adult stem cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cell Basal Medium must be supplemented with the appropriate cell-specific growth kit. When using this complete media system, the growth of undifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells is supported without the use of feeder layers, extracellular matrix proteins or other substrates.
- For mesenchymal stem cells derived from human lipoaspirates (e.g., Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells; Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-500-011) or umbilical cord (Umbilical Cord-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells; Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-500-010), supplement Mesenchymal Stem Cell Basal Medium with the Mesenchymal Stem Cell Growth Kit–Low serum (ATCC PCS-500-040).
- Optional media supplements:
- Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-025)
- Penicillin-Streptomycin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-002)
- Phenol Red (ATCC PCS-999-001)