Corneal Epithelial Cell Basal Medium is a sterile, phenol red-free, liquid tissue culture medium intended for use as one component in a complete ATCC® Primary Cell Solutions™ system. This serum-free system is designed to support corneal epithelial cells derived from normal human cornea. Corneal Epithelial Cell Basal Medium contains essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, other organic compounds, trace minerals and inorganic salts. To support the proliferation and plating efficiency of corneal epithelial cells, Corneal Cell Basal Medium must be supplemented with the appropriate cell-specific growth kit. When using this complete media system, the growth of corneal epithelial cells is supported without the use of feeder layers, extracellular matrix proteins or other substrates.
- For corneal epithelial cells derived from corneal tissue (e.g., Primary Corneal Epithelial Cells, Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-700-010), supplement Corneal Epithelial Cell Basal Medium with the Corneal Epithelial Cell Growth Kit (ATCC PCS-700-040).
- Optional media supplements:
- Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-025)
- Penicillin-Streptomycin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-002)
- Phenol Red (ATCC PCS-999-001)
2°C to 8°C, protect from light